Stories, ideas and tips to help women build fabulous businesses and to help you build your best business.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It’s the little things that make an impact

I love Jo Malone and as a natural extension I tend give Jo Malone stuff as gifts.

So yesterday I popped in to buy a candle for a friend and they asked me if I wanted to join their mailing list. I often say no to mailing list requests but I do like their stuff so I dutifully obliged.

Today the postman delivered a lovely handwritten card from the Jo Malone team inviting me in for a complimentary hand and arm massage.

Now I know the massage is just good marketing to get me back through the front door. But because it was handwritten, personal (“I do hope you enjoy your new candle”) and quick (I gave them my address less than 24 hours ago). I’m taking them up on it. Tomorrow.

And it also reminded me how easy it is to overlook the little things which make the biggest impact.

No comments: